Santa Barbara Premier Beach Workout Rules/Guidelines (UPDATED)
Please make sure you have printed out and signed the Santa Barbara Premier Waiver (attached). This waiver is different from the USA Water Polo Waiver. There are a couple of athletes that have only turned in the USA Water Polo Waiver. IF THE COACHING STAFF DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SANTA BARBARA PREMIER WAIVER, YOUR ATHLETE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE WORKOUT.
Athletes need to arrive in masks and keep them on until the coaching staff begins the workout and indicates it is ok to take masks off. At the end of the workout athletes need to put masks back on and wear them until they are back into their transportation vehicle.
- Coaches should be wearing masks at all times.
- Athletes and coaches need to be socially distanced at all times maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between each other.
Drop off Procedures for East Beach/Goleta Beach:
- TUESDAYS at East Beach: Please drop your athletes off in the free parking spots at East Beach on the closest part of the beach to Montecito. If athletes are driving themselves please park in the last couple of free spots at East Beach closest to Montecito.
- THURSDAYS at Goleta Beach: Please drop your athletes off in the parking spaces along the beach closest to Goleta Pier/Beachside Café. If athletes are driving themselves please park in the lot in the closest space available to Goleta Pier/Beachside Café.
- East Beach: Athletes will be met by a coaching staff member in the grass area in between parking and the beach for temperature check.
- Goleta Beach: Athletes will be met by coaching staff member on the beach right by the pier for temperature check.
- In accordance with SBC Public health, coaches will perform a temperature check prior to participation.
- If multiple athletes arrive at the same time please maintain at least 6 feet of separation from each other until you have done your temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave the beach immediately, so if you are driving your athlete, please wait until they are cleared before leaving.
- After getting their temperature checked, athletes should make their way to their designated workout group area which will be marked by signs. Coaches should have designated areas each athlete can put their bags/suits separated by at least 6 feet of distance.
- ATHLETES SHOULD HAVE MASKS ON UNTIL COACHES BEGIN THE WORKOUT.
Pick up Procedures for both Locations:
- When the coaching staff ends the workout, athletes must go to their designated area and put their mask on right away before changing/gathering their belongings.
- After changing/gathering their belongings, coaching staff members will release athletes one at a time observing at least 6 feet of distance/10 seconds between each athlete.
- Athletes need to walk directly to their car/transportation vehicle and must not congregate/socialize close to each other.
- If athletes are waiting for their rides, they must maintain at least 6 feet of separation between each other.
- Masks are to be worn until athletes/coaches have entered their car/transportation vehicle.
- We will be encouraging social distancing at all times. Please remind your athletes of the importance of this when dropping them off at each workout.
- Masks must be worn at all times by both athletes and coaches both before and after the workout.
- Only athletes and coaches should be in the workout area of the beach during these workouts. Parents can view training from their cars or from the beach at a reasonable distance from the workout so as to not disturb the workout.
- Athletes should bring everything they need to each workout (suit, towel, water bottle, running shoes, etc.). There will be ABSOLUTELY NO SHARING of any equipment of personal belongings.
- Coaches and Athletes should stay within their workout group only, away from the other workout groups. There will be no socializing/mixing in with other groups permitted.
Parents: Please read through these Rules and Guidelines with your athlete and make sure that they understand each rule and why it is important to follow . Please make sure they understand the importance of keeping masks on and maintaining at least 6 feet of space between each other.